Night and Day
Here are some of the locations you may see in Lorwyn and Shadowmoor (Lorwyn location on the left, Shadowmoor on the right), including some of the most common places to find certain races:
- Goldmeadow // Mistmeadow – A major Kithkin Clachan, known for large pastures and stock of goats and sprinkjack (large horned mammals used as Kithkin mounts). In both planes, this town serves as the center of Kithkin goods production.
- Kinsbaile // Kinscaer – The Kithkin capital, a rustic walled city in Lorwyn and a fortified keep in Shadowmoor. The Cenn (communal leader) of this city is the wise and even-tempered Gaddock Teeg. Although Kinsbaile serves as a travel hub in Lorwyn, Shadowmoor’s Kinscaer is more prison than city.
- Murmuring Bosk // Creakwood – The most renowned Treefolk grove, where many young trees become sentient. Murmuring Bosk is a veritable library of Lorwyn’s history, while Creakwood is a tangled mass of bramble and Canker-infected horrors.
- Gilt Leaf // Wilt Leaf – Gilt Leaf, the crown jewel of Elven beauty and power, resides deep within Lorwyn’s forests. Wilt Leaf, conversely, is the last bastion of safety in the dangerous wilds of Shadowmoor’s black woods.
- Wren’s Run // Raven’s Run – The prime Elven hunting grounds of Wren’s Run are strictly off-limits to other races; it is here that the elves, mounted on graceful elk-like creatures called “cervin,” chase down prey. Raven’s Run is a thicket of poisonous barbs and abundant vegetation, feared by the Elves.
- Porringer Valley // Bloodwort Warren – Porringer Valley is a verdant bog inhabited by many creatures, including Kithkin, Treefolk, and the Boggart “Squeaking Pie” clan. Bloodwort Warren, on the other hand, has been ransacked by the vicious and disgusting clan of Bloodwort Boggarts.
- Galanda’s Amphitheater // Graven Cairns – While most giants are nomadic, Galandra Fuedkiller, an ancient Giant arbiter, dwells in an amphitheater in the mountains. The Graven Cairns, ravaged by volcanic activity, lays in tectonic ruin.
- Mount Tanufel // Mount Kulrath – Mount Tanufel houses a number Flamekin monasteries devoted to the study and worship of Elemental Manifestations. Mount Kulrath is a stronghold of vicious Cinders, who lash out at the world, and each other, with sadomasochistic tendencies.
- The Wanerwine // Dark Meanders – The largest river in all of Lorwyn runs from a spring on Mount Tanufel to a lake south of Wren’s Run and is the life blood of Merrow commerce. The dark underground rivers of Dark Meanders hide Merrow criminals and profiteers.
- Glen Elendra – The abode of the Fae Queen Oona has a nearly mystical status surrounding it. It’s exact location is unknown to anyone but the Fae.
Back to Encyclopedia Nocturnus